Functional disorders of posture
Functional disorders of posture.
Types of violations, the specific features and methods of their correction.
Functional disorders of posture may be associated with different causes. The most common cause is a violation of muscle imbalance. The fact that in ordinary condition our muscles are in a background voltage in order to fix bone levers to which they are attached. Under certain pathological conditions, such as the habit is wrong to sit, walk, stand there a muscular imbalance, t. E. The value of different muscle tension and if these muscles are controlled by one arm bone, it leads to a change in body position and posture so-called functional disorders.
Violation of posture are of three kinds.
1 type – is incorrect posture in the sagittal plane (anterior – posterior direction), which are expressed in the wrong ratio of physiological curves of the spine.
view – incorrect posture in the frontal plane, which are characterized by a deviation of the spine from the midline (when viewed from behind).
view – combined violations
Incorrect posture in the sagittal plane.
- One of the most common disorders of posture in the sagittal plane – a stoop and round back (Figure 2).Both types of disorders are characterized by an increase in the bending back of the thoracic spine (thoracic kyphosis), and reduced forward tilt of the pelvis. In this round the back curvature of the lower cervical vertebrae are involved and all the breast, while stoop – all cervical and thoracic vertebrae of the upper. In medicine, the violation is called kyphotic posture.
- Characteristic signs of this disorder: – arched back, and tilted forward as it advanced his head, advanced forward and drooping shoulders, bulging and somewhat saggy stomach. People with round backs seem sunken chest. Man often standing on bent legs, and this sort of compensates for poorly pronounced lumbar bending forward. Often when a hunched back vanes far removed from the chest and clearly appear under the skin.
- With round the back stoop and shortened chest muscles, and the muscles of the upper back – stretched. Stretched back muscles do not provide the maximum extension of the spine. Strengthening the tone of the upper beams pectoral muscles tilts forward and the shoulders, not only contribute to the lowering of the chest, but also restrict the movement of the shoulder belt: people with a round back can not raise your hands up to the failure. The reasons for the development of a circular and a hunched back are long incorrect position during labor and employment, poor lighting of the workplace, myopia, nervous stress. Round the back and stoop often formed in sedentary, lazy people who do not trouble themselves to hold the spine in the correct position with the help of muscles and give it to bend under the weight of the body. The reason could be a bad habit hunch, as is often the case with high boys and girls.
To remedy round and hunched back is necessary to reduce the thoracic spine bending blades to give the correct position and, in addition, to increase the number of lumbar bending round the back. All this can be achieved by:
a) strengthening the back muscles;
b) the extension of the upper beams of the pectoral muscles;
c) strengthen the muscles that hold the blade in the correct position (upper back muscles);
d) strengthen muscles, increase the forward tilt of the pelvis (hip flexors and iliopsoas muscles).
- At the back of the pelvis flat has a very small slope forward, physiological bending back is not at all or it is expressed very poorly, so the anteroposterior dimension of the chest in the thoracic spine (thoracic kyphosis) is actually reduced. This adversely affects the development and position of the chest cavity and particularly, pulmonary.
- Often the direct position of the spine and bulging chest forward give a false idea of good posture. Anteversion chest as if pulls the scapula forward their inside edges and bottom corners of the odds and behind the ribs: the blades acquire a wing shape. Reducing the curves of the spine reduces its damping properties especially when running and jumping. A person with a flat back under the influence of different strains easily lateral curvature (scoliosis) may occur, and are often a pain in the lumbar region.
- The causes of the formation of a flat back may be the disease, because of which the person is compelled to lie down for long periods, as well as sluggish and poorly developed musculature of the back muscles and hip flexors. The muscles of the anterior surface of the body stretched and back muscles – extensors of the trunk shortened.
- To fix flat back should:
a) exercises for stretching the back muscles;
b) exercises for the muscles that hold the blade in the correct position,
c) strengthening the muscles of the anterior surface of the trunk.
g) the strengthening of the muscles, increasing the slope of the pelvis forward (ie muscles, hip flexors and iliopsoas muscles).