Can blood cancer be determined?
Investigation of direct diagnosis for oncology.
A blood test can signal that an organism is in an imbalance, and additional checks are needed to determine the exact cause of the event.
Changes in indicators can cause the transferred illness, the presence of bad habits, pregnancy. It is important in time to see the change in blood composition in a particular person.
Therefore, before determining the cancer by blood, the specialist will analyze the individual characteristics and will assign a refining examination.
Types of diagnostics
Forms of cancer diagnosis by blood analysis The detection of a possible oncology is carried out using two types of blood tests:
- General (clinical),
- Biochemical (on oncomarkers).
Clinical analysis is performed for all types of diseases, including cancer. Biochemical analysis provides a wide range of versatile indicators, gives a lot of clarifying information about the pathology in the body.
The presence of an oncologic process in a patient is determined by conducting a check for markers.
Blood performs the most important functions for life:
- Maintains the constancy of the environments,
- Nourishes tissues,
- Supplies oxygen,
- Utilizes waste materials.
Therefore, any failure in the system will be reflected in the composition of the blood. In order not to miss the onset of oncological process development, it is necessary to do research with such symptoms:
- Do not undergo inflammatory processes, prolonged chronic diseases;
- Pathology does not respond to the effects of drugs that previously helped;
- A marked decrease in immunity,
- A frequent increase in temperature, but the cause is not clear;
- weight loss,
- Inadequate reaction to smells,
- Change in the action of taste buds,
- Deterioration of appetite,
- Unexplained pain,
- With the goal of preventing at least once a year.
The procedure is always prescribed for any prolonged process. A clinical study shows a quantitative presence in the blood:
- Platelets – cells that are responsible for the degree of clotting;
- Erythrocytes – are red corpuscles, supply tissues with oxygen;
- Leukocytes – provide protection against infections and harmful viruses; White blood cells are part of the immunity mechanism;
Hemoglobin – involved in the process of gas exchange cells, is an iron-containing pigment.
A general blood test for cancer shows the level of ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
The possible development of a cancerous process in a patient can be indicated by:
- Increase (or decrease) in the quantitative presence of leukocyte cells,
- The presence of immature cells,
- Deviation from the norm of the quantitative presence of other types of cells, more often in the direction of decrease,
- ESR is significantly higher than the norm,
- The presence of granular white blood cells,
- Decreased hemoglobin.
To find out more information about the suspicion of the presence of oncology, the specialist will suggest the patient to make an analysis for oncomarkers.
Does the biochemical analysis of blood show oncology? Racial formation induces protein cells of a specific nature. Their composition differs depending on the localization of pathology. These substances fall into the total blood flow.
In a healthy person, analysis reveals them in quite a small amount. They may be completely absent.
The presence of an increased number of certain oncomarkers narrows the area of the problem search, but it can not be said that there is oncology. It is necessary to continue the investigation of the clarifying character by other methods.
To obtain useful information, the patient is recommended to take the analysis several times at certain time intervals. The blood counts, obtained according to a certain scheme, will show whether there is a dynamics of pathology development and what it is. This still needs to be done because the presence of markers can reflect the characteristics of the body, the observation will show the comparative result.
For research, venous blood is often taken, but capillary blood can also be taken into account. How to act in a particular case is decided by the doctor who gives the direction.
Presumably, the analysis will point to an area where oncology can develop, the degree of process maturity and the size of the outbreak. However, it may be that the analysis has detected the parameters of the inflammatory process. Therefore, until the presence of oncology is confirmed by other studies, do not despair.